We are excited to announce that we’ve updated our Message Board tool to include a simple journal or blog presentation you can create on your website! The updates are live right now – go check it out!
With the added functionality, the uses for this tool are expanded well beyond that of the message board, but no fears! We kept the message board intact, knowing that many of our customers use the tool as a message board only. Now this tool will allow you to create journals, devotionals, blogs and more open-discussion forums.
While we want to be clear that this tool does not possess all the functionality of a blog application (like WordPress, TypePad, Blogger, etc.), you can create a basic blog and have it immediately available within your website*. Each post will be contained within a unique URL and enable comments (approved or posted directly – your choice). A keyword search can be placed on the page, and you can c
ontrol the number of posts you want displayed on the page. Posts that “fall off” the page are archived and automatically listed on the right side of the page. If you are looking to start a blog and have basic needs, you have the tool to accomplish that right now!
This tool also has great use for general announcements, discussions, journal or devotional posts, and more. Create a user-side secured page and place this tool on that page for a bible study support group. Encourage your ministry and office staff to keep your church updated on events, needs and more by using this tool as an announcement-update type of tool. The list of possibilities goes on. The most important asset this tool has is that it provides you with a way to keep your website content updated in an easy to use and “do” format.
- Create,or select, a page for the message board tool. From the drop down tool menu, add the “Message Board” tool.
- Create a title for the message board/journal/blog. You can always change this later.
- Most likely, you will want to keep the RSS default to “yes”. The use of CAPTCHA should be determined by the purpose of your tool. If you are creating a blog or journal where you are not going to allow visitors to create posts, you could opt to turn this off. If, however, you are going to create an open forum, support group, or similar you will want to keep this on.
- Providing a keyword search defaults to “yes” and in nearly all the uses we thought of for this tool, you’d want to offer your visitors that search option!
- Format for posts. Here is where you will shape the presentation and use of the page. Choose blog-like format when you intend to have a single or small group of contributors who will post blogs, journal/devotionals, announcements, etc.Choose topic based / bulletin board format when you are creating more of a forum, bulletin board or open community tool. This is the format the tool has been provided in.
- Now, finish the choices. For a blog-like format, you will want to turn select “no” for Allowing Users To Create Posts, and “yes” to Allowing Users to Submit Comments to Existing Posts. Also, for a blog-like format, entering a Default Author is a useful step. (The author can be changed at the creation of a new post.)
- Be sure to enter an email address to help keep you on top of what your users are posting on your webpage.
- Click Update.
Once you have your Message Board properties built, you are ready to add your content. To do so, simply click the “Create New Post” link and add content. With the same functionality as the Text/Graphic Editor you are used to working with, you’ll be on your way to adding content, images, attachments and more in no time.
To see a blog-like message board tool setup, visit our demo here. We hope you enjoy this greatly enhanced tool!
*Interested in integrating a full blog application in your Faithwebsites website? Have an existing blog that you want to have integrated within your website? Faithwebsites now offers integrating WordPress blogs into your website, residing on your existing domain. Many blog-build, migration and integration services are available. More information and quotes for these services can be obtained from your Support Team. Start a new ticket and ask for more information on these services.